8 Reasons a Christian should never take alcoholic drinks (See types of alcoholic beverages)
I remember I last took an alcoholic drink (it was beer) in 1986 before I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Below I give 8 reasons why a Christian should never take alcoholic drinks, including wine.
1. The Bible condemns alcoholic drinks, including wine (Proverbs 23:31-35)
“Do not look at wine when it is red,
When it sparkles in the glass,
When it goes down smoothly.
At the last it bites like a serpent
And stings like a viper.
Your [drunken] eyes will see strange things
And your mind will utter perverse things [untrue things, twisted things].
And you will be [as unsteady] as one who lies down in the middle of the sea,
And [as vulnerable to disaster] as one who lies down on the top of a ship’s mast, saying,
“They struck me, but I was not hurt!
They beat me, but I did not feel it!
When will I wake up?
I will seek more wine.”
2. The alcohol content distorts your mind and reasoning (See NIH: Alcohol’s damaging effects on the Brain) .
2. Alcohol demobilizes you body functions Watch slide show how alochol affects your body.
3. Alcohol disconnects you from God (have you ever seen an intoxicated person praying to God?)
4. Alcohol takes away all your power of the Holy Spirit. It leaves you spiritually powerless.
5. Alcohol may make you do indecent things as did Noah in Genesis 9:20-23
6. Alcoholic drinks will open doors to your life for demonic attacks.
7. Alcohol will make you utter worthless words
8. Alcohol takes away money you would have invested in God’s Kingdom
Deja una respuesta